Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
does PS need a title? - macuray
thanks jam1729,

it seems that you have a lot experience in this. if someone had previous residency experience in USA, even in other specialties, would the PDs have some ways to check them out?
I believe it is mandatory to report. It will come up for discussion in the interview either way (if positive or negative). You are given a special slot for LOR from PD of a previous residency or fellowship program.
Up to you to address this in PS. People leave or are asked to leave for umpteen number of reasons (personal, academic etc). Leaving to write the exam again, changed your mind etc. One can easily find if you were in a US residency before. Probably not that easy to find if you were enrolled elsewhere. Either way, mention it, otherwise it is considered a fraud.
that is what i thought. he is my best friend from the same medical school in my home country and left a US residency program 4 yrs ago. he is 8 yrs older than me. he will apply for the residency again. i am 1st time applying this yr. there is a slot in the CAF for medical education/training. but i there is no slot for previous PD's LOR. he did not say exactly why he left the program. i guess it was due to personal reason. it is not convenient for me to ask him unless he tells me. i just want to help since he is a really nice guy. thanks for your input.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »