Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone who knows plz answer - technodoctor
STD or UTI with dark color urine... which soils the underwear dark (black)... which microorganism causes this???

any help is greatly appreciated
Hi Techno...
I think you are talking about bacterial vaginosis... cause only in BV, there is excessive white or gray vaginal discharge with a milk-like consistency that can stain undergarments.

As far as I know patient usually when come to outdoor treatment that they have staining in their undergarments, but it turns to black probably due to lack of their persona hygeine, not due to the discharge is black.

And you know BV is not always "caught" from another person. someone can develop BV if she is not even sexually active, although it is more common in women who are sexually active.
BV is associated with premature delivery, low birth weight, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID).

But their is no association with UTI. But as BV is an overgrowth of bacteria that are normally in the vagina ascending infection can cause UTI, I guess.

Please correct me if I am wrong. Thank you Smile
Thanks torukmakto

Actually this question came on my friend's test two days back...so i was curious... and i think you maybe right... but i'll followup with my friend and post here if i find something else as a differential...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »