Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
plz correct if i m wrong,abt extending elig period - notym
i applied step1 as medical graduate,my form 186 verified & valid,medical credential verified & accepted,my eligblity period sep,oct,nov. Now to extend my elig period to dec,jan,feb what should i be doing?
as to what i understood from ecfmg extension info it says:
1.only online part of request for extension required[filling info online for new elig dates]
2.paying $50 extra fee for extending.
3.as my form 186 already verified & valid [done with step 1 application] so no need to send another form 186.
4.do medical credentials have anything to do in extending elig period?
5.all the extending process [online part only in my case] to be completed before deadline set by ecfmg[dec 27 in my case]
6.after request for extension accepted new scheduling permit sent with in 2 wks?
7.do i have to call ecfmg to make sure that my extension is completed?
any help would be appreciated.also if i have missed out anything else plz let me knw.just want to be sure that i my request for extension is not rejected.
thanx in advance.
plz reply
help meeee..
Hello,

Well I might be mistaken and you probably needs to call ECFMG to verify the information and state you question. But here's the answer:

ECFMG extension for the period requires a $65.00 fee for an extension
Prometric testing center will charge you an additional $50.00 fee if the extension period is within 30 days.

The information is for Step 1. Your extension period WILL NOT be rejected because they requires to pay a FEE. If you don't have the resources, you might need to take it right away

Hope that helps and Good Luck on your exams
thanx jt885. will do that.
hey !have you extended your elig time ?if yes so how ?i also want to extend .
yes i did.
i did online thru iwa & then go for ext elig...option
pay $ 65 n get extended , dats the online part.
my form 186 was verified when i first submitted application. so dint hav to send form 186 again. dats all n thank god.it got extended.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »