Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FM phone iv at University of Arkansa - deepak@residency
HI..DID ANY ONE RECEIVE INVITATION FOR PHONE IV FROM ARKANSAS.?Plz LET ME KNOW..THEY SAID I WAS SELECTED FOR PHONE IV AROUND 45 DAYS BACK..BUT TILL NOW I DID NOT RECEIVE ANY SPECIFIC DATE...JUST YESTDAY I SENT A MSG FOR SPECIFIC DATE..IS DER ANY ONE IN SAME SITUATION?
I still cannot understand why some people so afraid of everything...
Ok, you got selected for phone IV 45 days ago and did not hear from them after that. So, why didnt you email them earlier?!
I understand you probably did not want to bother them, but...I think at some point we, IMGs, SO afraid of everything that it affects us not in our favor.

I got phone IVs with them too, then didn't hear anything for 2 weeks and then emailed them asking if they still considering calling me. Then they finaly called, but unfortunately I was not selected for a personal IV.
deepak@residency, email AND call them ASAP!!! Do both and express a huge interest. It will be a miracle if they will still consider you.

It is so frustrating to see story like that. As IMGs we are afraid to call, to talk,...to even breath...Common, guys, lets stand out for ourselves!
thanks for ur advice..
you are welcome. If they will call you, they will ask common Qs like why did you chose FM, why our program, your weaknesses/strenth, why should we chose you?
GL!
@ nastia06..Totally agree with you..I have interviewed in a program and i was only IMG there..What I saw these guys doing in pre-interview dinner, it changed my attitude in all pre-interview dinners..I am not stressed anyomore for dinners and instead enjoy it now..
Nastia06...just now i called them..they said that they are willing to call me..any way thanks for ur suggestion once again.
Wow, I am very happy for you!!! It means they very interested in you. So, just do your best, speak in English clearly, don't forget to breath, search their web so you wil know what to answer why did you chose their program. Be positive and answer short, b/c it is kind of boring to listen to long answers on the phone.
It was my 1st IV back then and I was not prepared.
GL. They will let you know in about 2 weeks if they selected you for the personal IV or not.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »