Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is considered as USCE? - wsams
Hello members,

Need some help understanding USCE. What is considered as USCE?

I have already graduated from a med school, yet to take my steps...

1. Shadowing a doctor?
2. Volunteering in a doctor's office?
3. Volunteering in a hospital?

I do have the above opportunities but still trying to understand which of the above is really looks worth it on my application....

Kindly answer please
none of above. usce=externship or sub I.
Thanks stepthree123 , Waht is sub I
Sub I is sub-internship i believe and you have to be in medical school to be eligible for that.
or medical rotations+electives through which your school has a formal agreement with the institution you are rotating through
1. Shadowing a doctor?
2. Volunteering in a doctor's office?
3. Volunteering in a hospital?

none of these are USCE; however, if you participate in these you can still network and maybe negotiate an elective rotation (thats if you're still in school) or externship...key is to network network network!
thanks a lot Karvel222/cpqxrz/stepthree123 I really thank you for the time you spent.

Does getting a LOR from an Indian origin doctor worth it? I know few who work in a teaching hospital...

I heard from other members that it wont make a huge difference if you get a LOR from an Indian doc..

Thanks again...
The only real factor they'll care about is if its a US LOR vs non-US LOR. Ethnicity plays little role. The content of the letter is highly important as well.

The letter writer's faculty position also plays a role i.e. Chairman/PD letter vs attending letter
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »