Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
patho q - jsmm
Yes jsmm... thank you. Will you please tell me, I am little confuse with the term non necrotic granulomas and necrotic granuloma. Where we can get it, I mean what will be the D/Ds... thank you again. Smile
HELLO JSMM.. can u plz explain...i thought the necrotic ones include tb and histoplasmosis...and all others are not necrotic...
the hint is :

in tuberculosis you can find caseated and non caseated granuloma
Hi jsmm, with this question stem, how can I get the picture of caseation granuloma? So, non necrotic granulomas and caseation granuloma are the same. Sorry for the idiotic question, but I am little bit of confused Smile
all I want to know is , how will I answer this question by excluding each answer option. thank you.
Noncaseating granulomas ;
crhon disease
sarcoidosis
leprosyis
berylliosis

realy there is anice book -- basic pathology is very nice but the time factor is important
if some want to prepare for long time ,
realy iwas confused with histoplasmosis ,

because histoplasmosis { necrotic } cause picture near to tuberculosis

The presence of non-necrotizing granulomas is generally indicative of a non-infectious etiology. However, non-necrotizing granulomas may occur along with necrotizing granulomas in infectious diseases such as tuberculosis

the term "caseous" applies only to the grossly visible cheese-like appearance that may be associated with necrotizing granulomas, necrotic neoplasms and other types of necrotic lesions

there is no typical microscopic appearance

we know granuloma is collection of macrophage epithelioid cells which may or may not associate
with nccrosis

the presence of free radical and hypoxia will lead to central necrosis
hmmm... getting the big picture now. so even it is non necrotizing or non caseating in here, we have to exclude the others and go for tuberculosis by seeing the giant multinucleated cells. Multinucleated giant cells are seen in the early stages of active infection with the acid-fast bacterium Mycobacterium tuberculosis. But giant multinucleated cell eventually becomes necrotic and dies. So we can take it as pre-necrotic state of tuberculosis. Am I right?...... thanks
i think when we find caseating granuloma we have to think of tuberculosis first
and ahen we did not find the caseation we must not exclude tuberculosis

especialy if there is cells like multinucleated giant cell , we may find the bacilli in the histopathology
Answer: c) tuberculosis.
Multinucleated giant cells are very large epidermis cells that have multiple nuclei.
They can be present in viral infections (e.g. herpes), TB or lymphoma.
Granulomatous disease suggests either sarcoid, TB or Wegener's granulomatosis.

A multinucleated giant cell
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »