Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the chance with kind of reply from PD - mummy
You are on our match list.  I have learned not to make predictions about the match results.  We would be pleased to have you in our program.
Honest and ethical PD..
that's good sign. at least you are on their list.
Mine is Thanks for your positive feedback about our program. good luck for both of us on NRMP match/best wishes.

This is much weaker and I feel it is kind of rejection.
Mine is "  We look to have you competitively ranked, but clearly we can not make any promises.  We've had this happen this year and in the past and it's gone both ways - sometimes we lose someone we would have liked to have and occasionally someone loses a spot they could have had. 
Good luck with your choice and let me know if there is anything else I can do to help."
It's a response to my thank you and I'm ranking u high on my list.
I feel like its a nice way to saying I might not match there.
What do I make out of this?

I along with Drs. xyz, x1y1z1 and LMN were very positive about your potential as a resident and future psychiatrist. You will certainly be ranked competitively on our Match list and if this is where you match, I would be very happy to have you in our program. You are an excellent applicant and I would be very honored to be part of the next stage of your academic career. But remember, you only do this once, so choose the program that best suits you. If I can be of any assistance with the process of choosing a program, please feel free to contact me.

I think the program director is really intellegent in writing such POLITICALLY CORRECT reply to my "thank you" and "ranking mail". Feels like flirting a girl that you are interested in but not really sure if you want to commit...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »