Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
q_____________? - sarim
I thank you Maryam your kind word but your knowledge is more than what I can teach you or correct u. Here my reading and and my understanding from what i read and also from your iexplaind in one post here to extend. Here my understanding this is to do with the GLYCOLYSIS & GLUCONEOGENESIS ARE FINE TUNED BY ALLOSTERIC EFFECTORS AND ENZYME PHOSPHORYLATIONS in NORMAL ( not diabetic) that This bifunctional enzyme is phosphorylated by the cAMP-activated protein kinase A in response to glucagon and is dephosphorylated in the presence of insulin. The dephosphorylated enzyme acts as a kinase that makes fructose-2,6-bisphosphate, whereas the phosphorylated form acts as a phosphatase that breaks it down . Therefore the level of fructose-2,6-bisphosphate in the liver is high when insulin is high and glucagon is low, and the level of fructose-2,6-bisphosphate is low when insulin is low and glucagon is high. As a consequence, glycolysis is turned on when insulin is high, and gluconeogenesis is turned on when glucagon is high. This what you explain in one of your post NOW, F-6-p------ Kinase activity --------F2-6bip { what controlled + (F6P, insulin) that been said insulin also inhibit cAMP that was turn on by glucagon. Also in F2,6bisp --------- phosphatase activity ----F-6p { inhibit – F6p also inhi w insulin and insulin also inhibit cAMP that was turn on w glucagon}
Just DM I u have no insulin around and that make glucagon unopposed to dance without someone watching cAMP.
And one study found that ( as we know somatostatin inhibit anything GH, TSH even lifeSmile) and aslo inhibit the secretion of both glucagon & Insulin and also inhibit ingestinal abosortpin of glucose. ----- Hyoglycemia due to suppression of glucagon secrt w the conseq FALL IN HEPATIC glucose production. Here the KEY BZ type DM 1 result from insulin def and unopposed GLUCAGON, somatostatin may prove to be useful in suppressing glucagon while supplementing the insulin through injection WOOOOOWWW that is interesting.

btw Dear Maryam u mention about trembling, “butterflies,” and heart palpitations in here on your post top goljan talk about it but not in extend. DO you know why ppl get butterflies and heart palpiation and u can put some light on that in physio point of.
Thank you and hope that clear everything like spring waterSmile
"Glucagon "levels are INCREASED in both types of Diabetes.

-normally Insulin exert an Inhibitory effect on Glucagon secretion.... In diabetics that inhibitory
influence is removed------>leading to Increased Glucagon secretion in the face of Hyperglycemia.

-now the Q that i posted, i think the pt got "Metabolic Syndrome" and ended up with DM type II.
-and in Metabolic Syndrome , there is "Insulin Resistance" and i'm stuck b/w two choice (Insulin
and Glucagon")

_Thanks for the contribution.
Cardio69

most of the hypoglycemic sympetoms are related to the obsolute dependence of brain on Glucose

the brain in particular has an absolute dependence on glucose as a fuel, because neurons cannot utilize alternative energy sources like fatty acids to any significant extent. When blood levels of glucose begin to fall below the normal range,the hypoglycemic symptoms such as hunger, sweating, trembling, “butterflies,”.... can be occured.

Sarim,

Thank you for the special Qs that you make....Having you on the forum is a blessing Smile
Although insulin deficiency is clearly the major defect in type 1 diabetes mellitus, there is considerable evidence that aberrant secretion of glucagon contributes to the metabolic derangements seen in this important disease. For example, many diabetic patients with hyperglycemia also have elevated blood concentrations of glucagon, but glucagon secretion is normally suppressed by elevated levels of blood glucose.

http://www.vivo.colostate.edu/hbooks/pat...cagon.html
thank u sarim Q and maryam for info
Diabetes; metabolism in the absence of insulin.

http://www.medbio.info/Horn/Time%203-4/h...asis_2.htm
From the above link Insulin suppresses glucagon release but Glucagon stimulates insulin release instead of suppressing it.
Regarding the previous Qs....what do you think about the level of Glucagon secretion in a patient with Insulinoma?

Inc/Dec/Normal?

level of Glucagon secretion in a patient with Insulinoma......Inc.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »