Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
regarding Hands-on experience - mamali
Dear Colleagues,

I am an IMG who have recently got my ECFMG certificate and plan to apply for residency this year .
As I am an old graduate and my marks are average, I have been told that It would be wise for me to take some hands-on experience to make my CV more favorable.
I am a bit confused whether it worth spending lot of money getting that kind of clinical experience via private companies or not.
If you recommend any of these private companies ( such as ChicagoClerckship) , which one/ones would you suggest ?
I would really appreciate if any of you, who have had an experience on this matter (or have been told by others ) share his/her experience with me and if you believe I have to take some hands-on please tell me which on of the famous companies is/are better .
Thank you for your help
please be careful of private companies, scams everywhere
my suggestion is to choose the specialty you desire, search its related teaching hospitals website (you can have this list if you google it or on freida website), each of them, find a doctor, get their email address and send them emails to ask for it
but most of them are observerships only
sorry if i didn't answer your q
good luck
Ask friends and other classmates that have already gone thru the process or are applying this year. They could refer you to doctors where you could do an observership for free.
Thank You
mamali leave your email I can help you
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »