Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nrmp website glitch.. - vinniev
So after the nrmp website glitch drama, what do you guys think about the whole match process? It got me wondering why do we have to wait until friday to know where we matched. If our place is not going to change, then what's the whole point of waiting?

In my country we have a saying : "think suspiciously and you'll get the real answer".
It's mainly about tradition. So the unfortunate who had to SOAP can celebrate with their classmates on Friday.
I'm just upset they fixed it before I could check my match results...lol. The suspense is killing me! Maybe we should start another countdown clock on the website...days, hrs, min, an d sec until March 21st at 1 pm...lol
In replying to the same question asked by one of the applicant on their faceboook page they replied , it's a tradition and it has always been like that. American medical schools have ceremonies for 4th year on this day and for them this is their match day. Also those in SOAP who match, don't know where they'll match before Thursday. I dont find any problem with that , it has always been like that so why the fuss now ?
its dumb because SOAP participants would get to know before nonSOAP.

Traditions should be re-examined sometimes.
SOAP participants do know where they match to because they accept an offer through SOAP.

But it's tradition for AMGs

As for us IMGs, no celebration, no match day for us...
Perhaps it's the fact that I grew up in a very corrupt country and I was taught by my family to always look beyond what seems to be "normal", and that there's always something more than meets the eye.

Or maybe it's just plain paranoia haha. Anyway, I just wanted to see what you guys thought Smile.

Anyway, damn I'm also upset I didn't get to see it either !!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »