Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reading the Washington manual of medical therap - successgirl
Hi guys, would anyone like to join me in reading the Washington manual of medical therapeutics? I am doing an internship year in IM and would like to read this book cover to cover for clinical knowledge. We can read in the evenings 7-10 pm eastern time on Skype. My Skype id is successgirl2. Let me know if you are interested. Thank you
Is this a recommended book for internship? I am preparing for step 3-Just wondering if it would help my prep in anyway?
I'd be happy to read with you.
Thanks. It's highly recommended, and among the popular reference books that interns and residents read during residency. I don't know if it's the best book to read for step 3 though , it's very dense with info. But if you're still interested to read and have the book, contact me on Skype. My id is successgirl2. Thank you .
washington manual or pocket medicine.. both are highly recommended

im trying to cover washington manual mainly for the drug doses for common conditions first and then go over more specific conditions, diseases.

only problem, it reads like Harrison's .. VERY dense .. so just takes time. but I always carry it with me on my shift and rounds. Washington manual also has an app for android OS as far as im aware.. something to look into Smile

Thanks doctam3, I have some time in the evenings and weekends so I figured I might as well read it. Hopefully I'll be able to finish in a couple of months. Good luck with every thing .
How about the Merck Manual?? I used to read it a lot back home mostly before a presentation on a clinical case. of course it has more details and is not a pocket book when you compare to the Washington manual
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »