Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
which programs in California? - drelbow
Hi guys,
Which programs in California to apply? In Im, family, psych and pathology??
Thanks
Not much unless you want to go the Valley...San Fran and LA are pretty saturated with AMGs, and they take mostly AMGs there..unless you have magnificent scores and can compete with them and come from a reputed Overseas school, u will be wasting your time...

In the Valley, there are about 3-4 hospitals that u can apply to.
Thanks kindmd, you sound like knowing the California very well, im not a californian so have no idea, so I appreciate if you explain by valley you mean what region or which pgs exactly?
& unfortunately Don't have an exceptional scores or anything but spend too much time and money on ca letter so want to get something out of this at least!
Thanks again for your kindness
Yeah i did my rotations in California so I am quite aware of that state...

When I say Valley, i mean the region between San Fran and LA...Which includes places like Modesto, Stockton, Fresno and Bakersfield..

This region is the most IMG friendly...but unfortunately, only a few hospitals. Check them out.

Honestly, if u don't have great scores and are trying to save the $$ and pain on PTAL, forget California.
Thanks again kindmd, no other choices, I know what you mean but already paid for everything just hope that I can get the ptal on time...was one lenghty process as you know...
Crossing my fingers
& best wishes
@drelbow

Yeah @ this point let's just hope for the best. I was thinking you haven't started PTAL, so i just wanted to save the trouble and off course the $$...

But good luck to you!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »