Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
@ sweetyusmle - acestep2ck
is mksap is mksap16 which is available online to buy....and one more thing how good is firstaid...and thankyou for helping me...
Sorry sweety I have so many confusions rt now is mksap for in is mksap5 ....I need to read sm thing extra for im to understand the concept fully...
I mean mksap has some numbers and it says im shelf etc...what does that mean and which one you recommend me to buy...
MKSAP 16. 16 the number may be the edition. Now it is from ACP ( American College of Physician). It is also available in PCs, Laptops, Tablets and all other digital format. I have hard copy though. I have the books. So I have no idea about the name difference when you try to get it online.

Recommendation is to buy the latest version (edition) obviously. But if you have trouble to understand topics/concepts I would not suggest you to start with MKSAP. Start with Kalpan and or Harrisons. if you have read harrison's in your med school days it would be so good flow for you to start it again along side of Kaplan. I just had to read MKSAP because I had it from the time I gave step 1. So i thought if i have it why don't i use it.

FA==God for me. People have said its not that useful in Step 2 as in for step 1 but I feel like I know FA and I can relate to that book. I had to have my hands dirty with that book (you can call it OCD) but I couldn't stay away from FA. It helped me a lot but i can't say that to everyone and again everyone has their own preferances and their own stack of books and own way of understandability and own way of reading.

Lastly, no problem with any number of questions as long as I know stuffs I will try my best to answer. This forum gave me a lot (from step 1) so I am just doing my bit to help.

GL and happy studying
Thanks a lot sweety...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »