Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extending eligibility period second time for Step1 - siva711
@drbacchi I agree, but another side is the longer you wait the more your chances of matching goes down, esp if you have wide gaps in your CV
Yes but the usmle score is such a huge indicator, in my opinion theres no point in doing it unless you score above average on NBMEs because the competition is intense. This is just my opinion and everybody has a different situation, I'm still in med school so I have plenty of time. I would find it too stressful to apply with a bad score because then you just spend thousands of dollars on applications with poor chance of matching, I'd rather use more money on step 1 to get a score that I know is competitive... I dont think gaps on CV jump out from your application like a bad step 1 score, its the only metric that PDs have to compare all applicants evenly.
yes, you are right. A competitive step 1 score is a must. It is the first cut-off point for nearly all residency program interviews. You started preping early and thats great, best of luck to you
Thanks drabacci , I am agree in that will be more costly in the long run and just not that but the demoralization after if I don't pass that test I juts wanna do it right one , list knowing that I did the best I can in my preparation , money is the big issue but I know I am so close to get better score if I just have three more month and rise my score list to 225 NMBE which still is not a secure if you pass or not the test.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »