Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PD at Brandon - astracastra
@rsz

Wow, I didn't know that AMGs interviewed at Brandon as well. When I interviewed in November, all the candidates were IMGs. Is your cousin an AMG and from Tampa? If he is and he ranks it high, I am sure he's in.
how about the visa confirmation email? do everyone interviewed there received that or not,
Thanks and Gl to everyone
@hba

Yeah, I received it even though I am a U.S. citizen.
@mapster10, he is a carib graduate who resides in the Tampa area. He wants to stay as close as possible to Tampa. He will not be pursuing a fellowship. He has a total of four interviews in Florida and is ranking them according to proximity to his hometown.
@RSZ Nice, so seems like he is going to have a really good chance at matching at Brandon. Has he been asked to go back for a second look?
Were they offering second looks? I wrote to the PC early Jan and was told that they were busy with interviews and were not doing second looks.
No second looks that I know about.
Yea I didn't hear of anyone getting a Second Look, I tried as well, but didn't get anything back from them. I guess its too late now lol.
Does anyone know if Brandon is fellowship oriented or more of a primary care based program? They do intend to follow a 4+1 block schedule which implies that ambulatory rotations would be about 10 weeks each year, similar to most other categorical programs. It would be great if someone could throw more light on this issue before the ROL deadline.
I believe it's geared towards primary care. As people in this forum indicated, their attending are private practices with limited teaching experience. The hospital drains more rural parts of hillsborough county and it's clinic caters to really rural part (called plant city). The hospital ratings on the internet is abysmal.

See what the chief medical officer says about the "new" program in his summary

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/dr-joseph-c.../7/7b8/70b

Previously in this thread (02/11/15) I expressed my concerns about this program, which only seems to validate to me after reading this recent news....

http://www.tampabay.com/news/health/doct...al/2218497

As I mentioned prior, I bet they are very happy for the the residents "cheap" labor to hop in and save them tons of money from hiring attendings to run ER and other unites.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »