Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question: reuse 2015 Lor for 2016 season - qyfan666

Hello everyone

I have a question about reusing LOR for 2016 season.

I registered an 2015 ERASE token and let my referees submit their LOR to myerase. Now the letters have been in my erase account and date on the letters is Feb/March 2015. But for some reasons, I did not choose any programs nor submit any ranking list. can I reuse the letters after this summer for 2016 season? Do i need to let referees change the date on the letter from Feb/March to July/august 2015 ?

Thanks
Yea there is no issue with you reusing them. ERAS actually made it to where you could, so clearly there is no reason you shouldn't. If the letters are GREAT then use them, if you feel in this past year you have had a chance to ask a doctor to write you an even better letter then use those. Good Luck!
Ranker2015: Ocala was at bottom third of my ROL. Not a nice location and nearest airport hour plus away. It's a new program so everyone I know ranked it very low. They interviewed many candidates and a lot only had Ocala as their interview. I bet they will fill positions w such candidates and ones w more options won't be there. Yes I heard they follow NRMP rules way to seriously n don't communicate with anyone. It felt odd not replying to my thank u courtesy note as PD during IV liked me a lot n kept saying hope U come here. I even felt embarrassed as he was so much nice. I heard he said same to another candidate
Yea apparently he had highlighted everyone Personal Statements, Said "Hope you come here" and "Excellent Candidate". I assume they do that because, well all programs play that game. It's hard to figure out when they're being honest or just trying to get you to rank them higher. Just can't wait for this whole thing to be over. I had them low as well. I have no doubt that they will fill their spots since most apps had only that one interview.
Sorry accidentally replied U in wrong thread. Yes no hopes from Ocala as they will get filled very high bc of applicant pool they invited. Atleast other new FL programs seemed honest n reliable n didn't say same thing to all applicants. Yes can't wait for it to be over. Most IVs went good at my end but against we can't trust any of these people. That's why I wasted money n did extra interviews. Just want to match.
Thanks Ranker2015

Another question,

Do I need to let referees change the date in my lor when the 2016 season start?
Now the date in my lor is feb. 2015/ march 2015.

Thanks again
I dont think you will need them to change the date, if so then they wouldn't have given you the option to use your older LOR's, but if you want to then you can. Thats my logic
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »