Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grave's disease - alibi
alibi has a given agood q which you can anwer if you know that grave disease pt actually may worsen their opthalmopathy after rx for grave disease/

but if you donot know it you can exclude all 3 ans which are just opposite.

--hypothyroidism rather than hyperthyroidism is the complication of over rx

--reflex tachycardia occurs with baroreceptor thing. bradycardia may be possible ith over rx

--now hypercalcemia can occur in grave disease but hyperprathyroidism and hypoparathyroidism are different entity

sorry abou this / i could not explain about iron overload never heard of it in rai therapy i just exclude by virtue of its annoynymity

so i choose

-b
Just a note Tonguet can get HypoPARAthyroidism after Thyroid Surgery (Thyroidectomy).
b.
B is the correct answer. There are 2 major complications of radioactive iodide therapy. Hypothyroidism and the worsening of ophthalmic conditions. I formulated this Q because I know that people are mostly aware of the hypothyroidism as a complication and tend to forget that ophthalmic condition can be worsened by radioactive therapy. Thanks for your contributions. Alibism
I don't agree how you formulated the question using the word "currently". For radioactive iodine it takes few months to start to work, so if the patient is "currently" undergoing treatment the patient is off the therapy, for the 4-5 days after the treatment, and then the patient starts the therapy with PTU or Tapazole. So during that period there is a possible effect of the increased thyroid hormone. I just wanted to explain it better.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »