Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Couples match: Urgent help needed! - tg1111
Hello everybody,
My fiancee and I are hesitating whether to mention we are a couple in ERAS or not. My credentials are 221/cs 2nd/ck pending result. Her credentials are 225/cs 1st/ck pending.
The question is : If we mentioned that we are a couple in ERAS, would it lower our chances toward getting interviews in programs requesting 1st attempt pass on CS, or would they overlook this criteria since we are applying as a couple? Our fear is that the weakest would bring down the strongest. Any suggestions and recommendations are more than welcome.
Thank you everybody and hope you all have a good matching season.
My frnd couples matched this season....He n his wife applied seperately last year but they got like 2 ivs each n didn't make it...This yr they got like 8 ivs in couples match..but their scores r like 240 s and 230s with no attempts and almost similar profile...usually ppl say couples match benefits u bcz pds generally look for compatibility among residents and whether they could work as a team and ur partner would definitely be compatible with u ..so that reduces their effort..but ya i don't know if ur attempt diminishes her chances...maybe u cud ask others opinion too.....
omalizumab890

Thank you
go for couples match!!
its like a 98% chance of matching!!!!
okay!! so can they apply in the same program like Internal Medicine
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »