Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brainstorm.... - kebi
A 43-year-old has been coming to you for 5 years for management of his HIV infection. Over past few years he has had Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia, Kaposi's sarcoma, oral candidiasis, and "everything else under the sun." He has been with the same partner for 6 years, who is also HIV positive. They have both been on a variety of "cocktails" and have suffered through many adverse side effects. You notice that he looks healthier and ask him how he was able to bulk up so well. He replies, "I have finally found a cure for the nausea and lack of appetite- marijuana! My partner and I have been growing it in our yard and we smoke it a couple of times a day. We feel great!" His partner is also a patient of yours. The best response is:

A. "Are you aware that marijuana use has been associated with respiratory problems?"
B. "I am sorry, but I am going to have to call the police and turn you in."
C. "I can provide you with a medication that will also alleviate these symptoms, instead of using marijuana"
D. "I have read about other patients doing that; however, do you really think that using an illegal drug is a good idea?"
E. "That is against the law, and you must stop at once!"
what about C?
D I think
B..
D...
I will go for A
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »