Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
genetics q - godsmustbecrazy
an infant born with a unilateral cleft palate and cleft lip. previous studies have shown a concordance rate for this trait in monozygotic twins to be 40% and in dizygotic twins to be 4%. if the incidence of cleft lip and cleft palate in this population is 0.1%. then what is the risk for unilateral cleft lip and palate if these parents have a 2nd child ?

a. 75%
b. 50%
c. 37.5%
d. 25%
e. 4%
f. 0.1%
please give yur answers with explanation please
...and in dizygotic twins to be 4%...
Shouldn't be the same freq for non-twin sibling?
37.5%
concordance rate is given by MZ-DZ/100-DZ
HWAT EVER THE ANSWER WILL BE MULTIPLY IT BY 1 CASUE .1%IS THE INICDENCE IN POPULATION AND SO IT WILL BE 1 IN 100 PEOPLE...SO IT
.375 INTO 1 AND THEN THAT IN PERCENTAGE WOULD BE EQUAL TOO 37.5%
I HOPE I AM RIGHT..IF I AM WRONG PLEASE CORRECT ME
mz-dz/1-dz
i think this is wt do y mean
from wr 100-dz
i dont think yhis law has any relation to this case
it is not twin case
it is multifactorial disorder
may berisk rate similar to risk rate of dz twin multiply by incidence in this area
any explanation
thank y
WELL THATS THE HERIDITARY INDEX...SINCE THEY ALREADY HAVE ACHILD IT MIGHT BE POSSIBLE THAT THEY HAVE ANOTHER ONE THERE DUE TO GENTIC PROBLEM...NOW THE INCIDENCE IS GENERAL POPULATION IS .1PERCENT SO IF U MULTIPLY THE GENRAL POPULATION INCIDENCE WITH THE HERIDITARY INDEX I THINK THAT WOULD BE THIS CHILDS POSSIBILTIY...AND AS FAR AS MULTIFACTORIAL THING IS CONCERNED ..THE GENERAL POPULATIONS INCEDENCE COVERS THAT MULTIFACTORIAL FACTOR....
E Bcoz Dizygotic twin is simliar as 2 pregnancy in one mom so it is 4%. It is no need to calculate. It is from Q Bnk
yes u r rt cici they carry a risk in between the general population and the dizygotic twin closer to the risk of the dizygotic twin though but there is no value given in between and thus it is approximately equal to the risk for dizygotic twin
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »