Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old graduate/USCE - propanolol17
Hello Doctors!
Old graduate here with 3 year gap due to family problems. Looking for USCE washington DC/Mryland / Virginia area (DMV).
US IMG Graduated 2017
Cleared all Steps on 1st attempt. Due to the gap need new USCE for new knowledge and confidence in practicing medicine and obviously LORs for the next match.
ECFMG and limited license from PR.

Interested in IM, FM or PEDs.

Thank you in advance
As you are an old grad it will be better to get externship rotations they can help in gaining strong LORs, provide strong experiences. Also, it will show to the programs that you are clinically active which will help to fill the gap.
@kavya@4a1. Thank you for your response. The thing is right now I’ve looked everywhere for Externships around my area and cant seem to find one. All I’m seeing is externships through companies. Either are way too expensive or they can’t safely promise to put a rotations inpatient/hospital. That is why I wrote the post, if someone know or knew about rotations in Maryland, DC, Virginia Area that can share the info.
If you are interested in research opportunity to get hospital LOR then I can connect you. This is in NYC and you can work offiste while you are looking for other observership. This is much cheaper than the agencies. The fee is $250 per week. You can email me for more information or questions. enihashorva
You can strength your application by adding papers and abstracts to your CV. Please talk to us about this:
I would suggest to apply for externship rotations they are reliable and trustworthy i have gained a month in NY, which was completely inpatient hospital experience and at the end of the rotations they have provided with strong LOR. Here is the Link https://.com/apply/
Drs.

Thank you all for your suggestions. It is appreciated. Good luck in your endeavors.
propanolol17

Hi!
Just email doctors who are doing research and tell them that you are interested in the topic they are researching (blah, blah, blah) and tell them you will work for free for a few months to gain some experience in research and that you are hoping to do residency in XYZ. This is what I did and landed a paid position (did one year of volunteer work for free).

All the best. Email, email, email.
@propanolol17 You can apply through agencies for gaining clinical experience in have experience through them, gained 1 month of externship rotations in NY. But they can provide rotations in different places you can get rotations in inpatient experience.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »