Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study Partner Atlanta - vitriol102
Hi,

I'm about to begin studying for step 3. If anyone is in or around the Duluth area and feels that discussion will help them prepare, then please post a reply.

Thanks
Hello Doc,
I'm in Atlanta as well. In NE (Chamblee Tucker). I am thinking of starting to study for step 3 in the next week or so. Please post your email and we'll get in touch.

Thanks.
Hi Doc

It's my screen name on USMLEforum, and my email account is on yahoo.

The reason I'm doing it this way is b/c ever since I posted my e-mail address on the web, I get tons and tons of junk mail. There was a newspaper article which read there are programs that scan through the web looking for e-mail addresses... The email address then get listed on a mailing list. In return the person who provides the list of e-mail addresses is compensated for brining in "buisness"

I gave this lengthy explanation so you don't think I'm bonker's. I didn't expect anybody to post an e-mail, just a reply.

Hope that makes sense.

P
yes, Doc
It makes sense. I don't want my email to be jammed with junk either. But how are we going to work together? only through this website? Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks.
Sup Doc

It would have been easier if you'd e-mailed me....it won't be too long before this thread gets buried.

Here's my game plan...
1. discussion of key topics as per subject
2. MCQ's, criterial elaboration...ie. you take the MCQ....(ST elevation MI) and you discuss it every scenario....to cath or not, throbolytics - when an when not. Get my drift?......elaboration of every important scenario

my approach is not to study for a test, but to learn APPLICABLE information. If you think about it, that's what step 3 is all about... and frankly, life after step 3

Here's how we work together... either one or either combination
1. coffee shops across ATL a few times a week (I luuuuvvvv coffee)
2. yahooIM
3. Mercer Uni (right next door to Chamblee)
4. Emory Uni, if you absolutely insist

Well, that's my game plan. I'd like to hear yours

I'm at yahoo
P
Doc,

I'm game. Option 3 is super. I live about a half mile from Mercer. Option 1 is good too. So let me know when you'd like to start. Please allow a few days for me to start my review before we can meet for discussions.
Thanks.
Hey dude,

sounds like a deal...I'm starting off with pediatrics and saving internal med till last because it's the meat of the exam. Does neonatology wet your appetite? duodenal atresia vs. pyloric stenosis vs intussusseption...

I'm using Kaplan step 3 books and vids. They pretty much contain everything, but there's a few things missing, and that's what I want to fill in. I'll sign up for UW in the next few days...when I pick up full pace

I'll post my number on here as soon as I figure it out (I'm not in the habit of calling myself. That's why I don't know it) or vitriol102 at yahoo, don't forget the dot and com

start whenever....
P
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »