Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem please help - vitriol 102, necker, kita - usmledoc007

One of my friends is pregnant and she is applying for this match 2007.She expecs later this year.Will this affect her residency chances.Should she infrom the PDs where she has iv'ed now .Will this affect after she starts her residency.
There's no need to say anything out of fear of discrimination. Also keep in mind that programs are not allowed to ask candidate about such things and definitely not allowed to discriminate.
Just my opinion

Pregnancy is a private thing,programs did not ask, to fill out if you are pregnant or not,so she may have to keep quiet until march 12

Let her get matched first then she can talk to the chief resident or PC/PD about the schedule,so she can get her vacation when she is due and also be assigned to a less stressful posting while she nurse her baby

It will not be a great idea to tell them now, PD may favor someone with less complicated life issues than the lady

well said Kita....

fine thanks guys will she be allowed to start late in Sept. or something.... I know we cant say anything but have u guys heard of any persons joining slightly late due to personal reasons
Yes

People join upto January and beyond,but she has to discuss with the PD

The whole thing is how smart and convincing she speaks to the program

She will not have any problem with a family friendly program

Heard of a resident that had three kids in residency and still completed 2 months later than her collegues.

She will be fine
when's the due date?
Vit

Fifth amendment??

let say is in month doe
Hey Kita...

I only asked b/c she's begining to ask specific quesitons which require specific answers with out giving specific information....
I guess the month is important

But I still know many first generation americans or immigrants still dont like discussing EDD
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »