Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anything new about pathology IV/REJ? - oxygen
Thanks admiredhope.........
IMHO....call them ....I found it much better than mailing.....u can try to convince that u r interested in the program.......i collected a lot of rejections that way(and 2 interviews).....but it is much better than waiting......am going to start calling again today for the 10-15 programs left on my list from where i havent heard anything as of yet....
Dear robbins,
by calling the programs you usually talk to PCs, and they can not give you IV without PDs permission, did you talk to PDs as well? and did you get your 2 IVs at the same time you called the programs or they intended to give you the IV and your call was a coincidence?
Thanks
call it coincidence......i talked to the pcs....luckily the day i called the pc informed me that they had some cancellations on the same day.........and since i had called in they will push up my file to be reviewed by the program director......i received my iv calls 2-3 days after the call........it seems that the programs maintain a active file of the applicants who have not been selected for the first round and and tap into this pool if there are any cancellations...mind u this is not true for all programs.....in a lot of programs the pc said that i am still on hold and the pd is still reviewing the file and to call after a specific date.

some were outrightly rude and said that i will hear from them if i am selected and did not give any info

a lot of places i called had decided not to invite me for an interview and they said that it is not their policy to send rejections.....so atleast i know that i dont have to wait for their call
some informed that i had not been selected for an iv and their slots are full

that leaves 5-10 programs on my list which are still reviewing....will call them after 15th jan.....

I did try mailing them as u say.....sent out mails to all programs saying that i was very interested in their program ....i did it twice but i did not get any response....so i started calling....and i must say i lucked out!!
I just called Tufts-New England Medical Center Program. He checked my file and told me that my application was not reviewed, because they received more than 250 applications, they can not review every application. they said sorry for not inviting me for interview.

My opinion is it is not useful to call them. I think most programs already finished or almost finish the interview process. Maybe very few program have not sent out ivs, but the chance is small. Please do well with the interviews you already got, this is the most important thing we can do.

good luck for all pathology applicants.
Thanks a lot robbins for detailed & useful explanation, wish you the best.
UR welcome
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »