Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strategy to Rank Programs. - wsheikh
I have a question. I was left unmatched last year, so I was wondering how to rank the programs with advanced information that a particular program will rank you.
Lets say I have three interview at ABC, DEF and GHI. Program GHI tells me that they are ranking me a hundred percent out of a possible 6 positions, but they dont give me an indication as to whether they are ranking me high or low. Lets say if they are ranking me low, do i have to rank GHI low on my list or it doesnt matter. In other words, do I have to rank GHI #3 in order to be tentatively matched or i can get matched into it by ranking it #1. Any help will be appreciated.
Simple rule to follow: rank in the order of your preference, no matter what.
I understand that, but will it make a difference if my number 1 preference ranked me lower on their list, lets say 6.
anybody else besides danille can provide any input
good question, I'm not sure but I think in a few number of interviews let's say less than 4), your ranking according to your preference doesn't influence your chance to get matched, because nrmp always tries to match applicant int their first preference. you don't have any belivable info from programs that where they rank you in their list, because they may meet better applicants based on their view after they tell you that you will be ranked high in their program and rank them higher than you, or they may lose some of their potential high ranked applicants getting prematched in other places and rank you higher. by the other words, you can not trust programs unofficial positive/negative hints as program directors also can not trust applicants expresseion of desire to their programs. conclusion; as danille said, rank according to your preferrance. I'm looking for other friends comments.
chcentaur/danielle...thanks very well explained...
definitely rank according to ur preference, because nrmp will try to match the applicants preferred program, as explained by chcentaur.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »