Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
68 y/o HTN LOSS OF PAIN-T/R/L/B/L ???? - jovana
A 68 old male with chronic HTN and hypercholesterninemia wake sup in the morning with vertigo, nausea, vomiting.

The neurology exam revealed
1. Nystagmus
2. Dizziness
3. Left Limb Ataxia
4. Hoarsness and difficulty swallowing
5. Loss of pain and temperature sensation over left face
6. A small pupil and dptosis on the left

A sign consistent with this case would be
A. loss of pain and temperature sensation over the left body but not the right face
B. loss of pain and temperature sensation over the right body but not the right face
C. loss of pain and temperature sensation over the left body and the right face
D. loss of pain and temperature sensation over the right body and the right face
E.None of the above are consistent with this case

eee
B. loss of pain and temperature sensation over the right body but not the right face

again wellenberg syndrome
I selected e...becoz this pt has loss of pain & temp over the left face...so lesion of spinal trigeminal tract...since it wallenberg syndrome...he should also have lesion of left STT...loss of pain & temp on the right side of the body.
this patient has wellenburg syndrome which will have contralateral body loss of pain and temperture sensation and epsilateral loss of pain and temperature in the face
Now my ans is cccccc
sharky but in the question he has Loss of pain and temperature sensation over left face
my brian is not working Smile.......sorry.....I made a mistake...Thanks zkdhem

first I selected e...coz in Q stem...they mentioned only about left face....they did not mention about pt's right body....
IT IS OK SHARKY IM PASSING IN THIS STAGE ALSO..EVEN I CAN'T READ WHAT IS INFRONT OF ME.....SOMETHING VERY EXPECTED..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »