Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
got the score 251/99 - madras
gratis!
Did you do IV bank?thanx!
Madras:
Could you post your exam Qs again since I cannot find it?
please advice on how do you go about buying the kaplan dvd's or reading materials. want to start preparing for my usmle soon.
exam date 18th Jan
score report date 14th feb
score 99/251

qbank 74%
q book 82%
uworld : didnt do
nbme form 2 600(20 days b4)
usmle cd 42/45/40
great score madras....congrats
congratulations man, lots of luck in your career
am jus writing a smalll summary of my prep.... though i started my prep almost 8 months back...i lost almost 3 months in this span bcos of some other personal probs and travels. so the effective prep is say 5 months... out of which the last 2 months was really rigouous. did almost around 12- 14 hrs a day.

i joined kaplan in india and got to watch all the videos. i found the biochem, immuno, anatomy really helpful as it was 5 yrs since i did them. so watching videos for step 1 is not a bad idea going by me. u surely can skip path & micro tapes, may be beh sciences as well if u don have time for tapes.

after taht i did around 4 revisions of kap study material along with online kaptest after 1st revision. i also did kap q book. i came to know the importance of first aid only after a friend of mine took the exam a few days b4 me....so did a last min reading of first aid in the last 3 days.. pls do FA from beginning of prep. then did my NBME form 2 20 days b4 exam and got a score of 600. the performance showed that the kap path notes wasnt sufficient atleast for renal and some basic pathology. did a bits and pieces reading from robbins for these topics. my online kap began to be get standardise around 40 a few days b4 exam...

though i found NBME tougher than kaptest, the original exam was even more tougher for me. first 3 blocks were damn tough... the last 4 were a bit ok...had loads of anatomy, mol biology, slides, graphs... after my exam, i felt i would get 90 +..tahst all.. i found many of the answers only in journals and not std textbooks... Qs were really long..i din have a minute to spare even in a single block... i would click the last ans and the time would close...

my recommendation is don do more than 2 revisions of kaplan notes..its not going to help... if there r Qs from kap material then it will be direct and u will surely get it right... more than 2 reading is not useful.... if at all u want to improve then do soem xtra reading from robbins after knowing ur weak areaas following a NBME test... i that helps..

for those u r targeting a pass, jus do kap material reading twice/thrice and then do kaptest online.... nothing else is needed..don overload.... u can verywell get 85 +
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »