Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exam Experience march 14 - sheenabbs
some more:
X-ray shown there is an artery on the right side and asked about it.
peronial nerve easy.
showed all the bracial plexues and asked to identify the nerve that getes effeted if there is a humurs neck is fratured
Vertical deplopia
cirlcel of willis diagram and asked which artery effected if the person legs are affected
major drift in influeneza and asked how it occured
A child has dermatitis since he started new school adn he rides his bikes to school and also plays in football feild after school and described as contact dermatitis, and asked i
1. caused becos he sweat when he is rides the bike
2. poison ivy form play gound
3. on the way to school becuse of sun i think it was
A man gets into an accident he had his 6 years old sun wiht him in the car, boy got contution on his head a some other injuries asked ,
was the boy on front seat
was he wearign a seat belt some ansewers liek that
You and a anesthalogist , something about gestric surgery and anestahogist said somethign about man being fat
do you talk to him in privat
talk to him when witness presant
do nothing
take him to the commite
Pku the boy is put on a diet and phenylalanin is under control what else should to test him for.
Lysch Nyhan: describe 7 years old boy, self mutilation, mental retardaion, what some enzyme si missing and wht will accumulat, Uric acid
Mcardles disease, no increas in lactic acid when the girls excersises: myophorylase.

A woman has rohmatoid arthritis she is given perdenosin, then you inc the does started to feel really weak,
predinosin side effect
chronic rohmatoid syndorm
some other choices
Described a man he had a strok showed 2 picture then he started to see some changes did say much about where and said one pic from 9 month ago one from now
and said what part of body t effect. and where

Seborrheic keratosis: "stuck on" appearance of this verrucoid appearing, pigmented lesion.
A woman taking ACE inhibitor has a dry cough which other medication would you give heir
Losartan
congrates sheena.. wish you a great score.. thanks for your efforts... good luck with your future steps..
sheenabbas...thank you for ur posting all this useful stuf..
my Q you said goljan many time but what you mean by goljan part-2??
i had just bought rapid review of pathology second edition and it really nice book it looks like every thing on it ?/did you mean it???? i hope you did..
thank you again.. may ALLAH give you 90th score
Doola
Thanks Sheena for sharing your experience May Allah give you highest score possible.Best of luck.
would u plz guys try to answer these questions?
hey doola, I posted the link for goljan part that i used i hope this helps
good luck
Thanks a lot Doc Sheenabbs for your great exam experience, your ehlp is greatly appreciated. Whao!! you have an excellent memory!!.
Respect to Vitamin A absortion : In the human body, retinol is the predominant form, and 11-cis-retinol is the active form. Retinol-binding protein (RBP) binds vitamin A and regulates its absorption and metabolism.

Once ingested, provitamins A are released from proteins in the stomach. These retinyl esters are then hydrolyzed to retinol in the small intestine because retinol is more efficiently absorbed. Carotenoids are cleaved in the intestinal mucosa into molecules of retinaldehyde, which is subsequently reduced to retinol and then esterified to retinyl esters. The retinyl esters of both retinoid and carotenoid origin are transported via micelles in the lymphatic drainage of the intestine to the blood and then to the liver as components of chylomicrons. Of vitamin A in the body, 50-80% is stored in the liver, where it is bound to the cellular RBP. The remaining vitamin A is deposited into adipose tissue, lungs, and kidneys as retinyl esters, most commonly as retinyl palmitate.

Vitamin A can be mobilized from the liver to peripheral tissue by a process of de-esterification of the retinyl esters. In blood, vitamin A is bound to RBP, which transports it as a complex with transthyretin. The hepatic synthesis of RBP is dependent on the presence of zinc and amino acids to maintain its narrow serum range of 40-50 mcg/dL. The retinol is taken up by the peripheral tissues from the RBP-transthyretin complex by a receptor-mediated process.
So a little complex is the absortion of Vitamin A.
Sheena, ....you are an inspiration, you did it. Congratulation on finishing your exam. I can't wait to see your 99 score. Like I have said before together we will crush this board, and all of us with a little attempt can remmember alot. We shall join again for Step2 Crush.:?)
Now enjoy and relax for a few days,
my prayers,
yani,
congratulatiionsssssssssssssssssssssssssssss..........................................................................you r feeling gr8..may you score well
and always smileSmile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »