Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
acetaminophen toxicity ,any body explain plz!!! - smcian2003
why acetaminophen toxicity cause fatty change around central vein,can anybody explain,thanks
okay...it forms free radicals in the liver when metabolized thus leading to damage of the least perfused zone of the liver
You remember Zone 1,2 and 3, 1 being the most prone to hypoximia and zone three most prone to toxic elements. Free radicals cause lipoperioxidation thus leading to cell membrane break down. I haven't review yet but this is what I can recall from my previous brain bank.
hey novice.if you dont mind i would like to correct you.......
actually zone 3 is around central vein and most prone to ischemia and zone 3 is most prone to toxic elements......i referred this from FA pg287
ok thanks. I always get this mixed up.
yes these zones are confusing,i myself get mixed up .so i consulted FA.
BUT we still are not able to reply smcian 2003 query
I came up with easy way. Take no. 1 and Ignore no. 3. so basically Take, T= Toxic and Ignore, I= Ischemia. I have to look the concept he is asking as I'm working on Path now.
I think acetaminophen toxicity causes cell necrosis....apoproteins are not produced...so the fatty acids are not mobilized from the cell and they are trapped....i am not sure...correct me if i am wrong
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »