Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
externship/research - mcmaster
hi everyone,
i will like to know if one can apply for externship or observership b4 getting the ecfmg certificate?
i have already passed step 1 and studying for step 2 ...but i want to work now something that could help me with the residency...
is research a better option for me or externship?
also i have canadian citizenship so i can get a Tn visa which i think is good for research but i m not sure if it is for externship?
please someone help me with these queries?
thanks .
externshiip doesnt need visa.....also u can apply for externship any time i dont think u need ECFMG certified but chances of getting one are higher if u are certified...

for a residency position i feel externship is best followed by observership and then finally research
thanks for the input nunwa....
how can i find externship /observership?
is there any helpful website ...
thanks
hey mcmaster the best way is to make list of places where u want to do it and then start calling them...there are no list...

also beware of this character psychguru..many people on this forum have criticised him for plagiarisng info from other people and trying to cheat IMG of money....

real pathetic character this one...so beware of dealing with him
hey this is to nunwa..i am trying for an observership in IM in tx i,is it worth (i mean useful) doin in md anderson ,houston .
U can't do ur residency from MD Anderson, so better do observership from a place where it is possible to get residency, try on east coast
urodoc is rt .....try doing it forma place which is IMG friendly and has a history of giving positions to peole ho di observerships...usually NY MI programs are friendly
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »