Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Docespy, ani, mumbai, syed, student , or anybody , -
Hi

Hi,
Exactly a month is left for my exam ..I have started doing the q-bank....subject wise , like revising one subject and doing mcqs at night. Is it the proper way? And I plan to do the final revision in the last 14 days . 2 subjects /day....with FA and q-banks....Last of all I plan to revise patho , pharma ,and physio(like in last six days) But the thing worries me is that would I be able to remember things done 14 days back(i dont trust my memory ) But its not possible for me to revise everything in the last 5 days(hope yyou understand what i mean) ...I think i need to start my final reading atlesat 14 days back? But what will i do if i dont remeber things revised over a span of 10 , 12 days?? I am freaking out ......dont know how to plan.....please help! I have heard people saying that they will revise the whole Fa in last 3 days ....But I cant do that . my Fa speed is not that great since I have focussed mainly on kaplan notes....And plan to revise that with Fa in the last reading which cannot be done in 3 or five days....WHAT SHOULD I DO????????I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hi

hey helppppppp
student in miami

three weeks before your test try to do the NBME test which is very close in correlation with the real exam.
I did it a week ago and got 548 which is like 90 in the real test.
Keep doing a lot of questions...and two weeks before the exam try to review your weak areas and concentrate in FA.
Good luck
ani

stop doing q-bank subject wise

you need to do q-bank in test mode doing random tests of 50 covering all subjects. In this way you will revise all areas continually over the next 4 weeks and wont have problem of not remembering a particular subject because you read it 3 weeks before. More importantly it simulates the real exam. Best way to be maximally prepared for the exam is to do as many test EXAMS (not test questions as you have been doing so far)

best wishes
Chicago Hope

I agree with ani. Don't do qbank in subject base. I don't know how many block you left. I saved the last 21blocks and set them into 3 full length tests did them 2 days apart.

In terms of your note reising. I suggest you focus on and finished them twice in 2 weeks and add you note to in. Only review your weak area in Kalan note. Don't waste your time to do all of them.

Good Luck
docespy - docespy

Hi,
subject wise only one block for each subject after that you need to simulate real conditions, do two blocks a day and read all the answers and if you have anytime left in your day
do usmle.myplayspace.com which is FA interactive.
QBANK & FIRST AID IS ALL I WOULD TOUCH AND THE LAST DAY OR TWO CRASHING THE BOARDS.
GRANTED YOU HAVE SEEN THESE SOURCES BEFORE ITS NOT TIME TO DO ANYTHING NEW, EXCEPT FOR QBANK.
DO CCSSA FROM NBME TWO WEEKS BEFORE THE TEST.
docespy - docespy

Do QBANK in blocks of 50 and then read the answers, this takes 3 hrs (1 hr to answer the questions and 2 hrs to read the answers) 100 questions a day is only six hours and devote the rest of your time to usmle.myplayspace.com
Reviewing Kaplan Notes in a month is not realistic plus QBANK will review kaplan and prepare you for board-style questions.
Crashing the Boards is good because it can be read in 8 hrs taking ten minute breaks every hour. Maybe you can read it every seventh day, that way you would have read it four times before the test.
GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS YOU.
AND PLEASE RELAX, MEDITATE OR PRAY BEFORE STUDYING IT REALLY HELPS.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »