Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A long gap after graduation -
sarah

I am an IMG, graduated 9 years ago and totally out of touch just being a housewife and a mom. I just started preparing for step1. I have a Greencard, and might get my citizenship by the time I finish my Step1 & 2. I have been hearing stuff about the GAP. I have too long a gap. Is it true that I won't get residency anywhere in the US, and won't even be certified by ECFMG.

Please provide some answers.

Thx
Emmy

Gaps/age are irrelevant; focus on your prep, ace the steps and worry about residency later. See earlier responses to steve http://www.usmleforum.com/step1/displayr...sp?id=7929
IN THE SAME BOAT

hi sarah
i have a similar story. i just started out too if u are interested maybe we can keep in touch and help each other with the studies and all?
steve

Hi there, just to you feel better. I graduated more than 15 years ago and now people here in this forum are encouraging me to take the Steps, yes, these are "big" steps, but age is NO barrier!
amb

i dont think you have a problem.
my aunt had more then a 20year gap.
and shes completed her fellowship a year ago.
Don

I'm in 8 years gap, being a housewife with green card, maybe get citizenship in the next 2 years, and English is not my native language. I will take step 1 in mid of Dec with a lot of .............. hope in the future
sarah

thanxs a ton for the encouragement , guys. i needed it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »