Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Step 1 result - piprani
ANYBODY WHO APPEARED IN AUGUST AND GOT RESULT THROUGH EMAIL OR OASIS
i want to take nbme self assessment for step1 which form 1,2,3or4 is good to buy for self assessment.
Hello Kala1,
But those questions are now out of fashion and do not in anyway now relate to step 1 performance. In particular, correlation between NMBE score and USMLE score no long exist, it may have been the case in the past. I am telling you from experience. What appears to correlate now is USMLEWORLD. I am not advertising for any body but from experince as I have gone through these exams. I am now on step 2. Wish you good luck
hi samson (or anyone else who can answer this)

is that true? that the nbme doesnt correlate well with the actual step 1? I took an nbme exam a few weeks ago and did horribly on them and got really discouraged. Ive been getting in the 60s, sometimes 70s for many of the kaplan Qbank questions, and someone recommended UW to me, so i just started workin on that...i have 4 weeks left til the boards and my nbme score just got me really nervous, so i was a little relieved to see your post...
u now what..the best representing paramter for step 1 is NBME,hands down,,period..
i scored a 660 on nbme 3,correlates with 250 on the exam..i got a 254..there are tons of examples..trust it has stood the test of time..remember its designed by same people writing questions for usmle
NBME 1- i got equiv of 194
NBME2- '' '' '' 191

Real USMLE score:184

i think 1 and 2 seemed easier than the exam...I hear 3/4 are much harder..maybe they r better means of measure
nbme still is a good predictor of your score.i got 95/238 on nbme1 and 99/240 on real exam.nbme 3 is a little more difficult than others and you may add up to 5 to your two digit score in nbme3 to predict your real score.but bear in mind that you have to do nbme's just like your real exam:timed, standard paced,w/ a few minutes (5) rest between blocks.i did it 3 months ago.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »