Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
passed step 3. with 79(193) - nalla79
thank u to this forum and its members, I passed. this was my third attempt. first time 71 then 74(183). when i got 183 i was depressed. what the hell! they failed me by just 1 mark. anyways then i studied for 7 months starting with swanson twice except for epidimeology and psych. then did q book and got 66 avg combined in all the tests. i did not do q bank. i did uw twice for this prep and twice for the previous two preps. its a good investment. i did ccs from shaher's(v.good) and usmle123(v.v.good). in the exam i messed up two cases very badly,the first case i had no idea what the dx was and then i messed up MI case by not giving clot busters,actually i knew i should but i got scared and did not and gave it after 1 hr of simulated time has passed. and i did not get bld and ux cx for one pt with 102F. and gave antibiotics after the comp prompted me that the pt was not getting better. rest of the cases were o.k,my performance on the score card was high in ccs with its tail touching borderline. I would suggest to do shaher's twice and usmle123 ccs cases as many times as possible. and coming to mcq, i left 4 q in each block on both days. i mean i marked A for all of them but i did not read the Q. READ uw like text book not simulated exam. It does not matter if you got 45 or 55, just read in tutorial mode and system wise. i really helps. after this post i donot want anybody to post a q about correlation between UW,NBME and step 3, because there is none, iam serious. i got 350 in nbme,last time i had 310. If i can pass, anyone can. believe me, ANYONE CAN. i cant stress that point enough. and plz pray to whichever god you believe in, bcz it helps.It really does.
congratulations...
Hi nalla79,

I am in the same situvation, I got 1-68 then-73(4 weeks ago). Now I am planning to take it
again in Dec.1st week. What is your suggetion? Do I need to wait or do it right now.
Please tell me why you wait for 7 months. Thank you.
congratulations

when your test?
Congratulations. what were your ccs cases
thank u all, my test was sept1&4. pprasa,plz take the test when u think you are ready. i did the same and yet got low score,if i put in the same prep for step2 or step1,i would have definitely got >90. this test is #@% haard. and if i failed i dont think i had it in me to study for it again,that's the same reason i studied for 7months,i just did not want to fail and study for this exam again,and also next year was my 7yr limit to complete all steps. and am sorry cannot post ccs, USMLE rules and iam a scaredy cat but i can say to u klode23(man i hope you are not 23 yrs old,iam so old) prepare ccs(60 cases) from usmle123 and shaher's and you will do fine and more than fine if you revise them several times,bcz in ccs prep revision is the key, revise even if its a easy case.
hi, nalla79,
could you please tell me whta is usmle123 and how can I get it, thank you,
its a website called usmlesteps123.com once you get on the site its pretty self explanatory
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »