Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did lots of people get PD's letter at ROL time - cici
Any one get letter from PD after Jan 15th? Does this mean they will rank you high?
yep got one. no mention on ranking though. but it was very personalized.
i got none though i had sveral interviews. which program mailed you?
I have couple of after interview but only one after Jan 15th its OH peds program.
same here, got a few replies after my interview, but not from this one though. this was their first letter to me post interview - took them 3 months to reply, hehe. want to think its a good thing though. its an FM program in NC
Now it isvery important for both program and us. So if they send us any thing which means they will rank us high. It is against law for them to say that they will rank us high but they can ask us to seriously consider their program.
No, it is not against the law for PD to tell you they will rank you highly. According to the regulations, both sides can say how highly they will rank each other. But it is illegal for you to ask how they will rank you. Recently, I received replies from several program PDs who clearly said they will rank me highly. But there is no gurantee for you to match into that program even the PD say they will rank you highly. For example, if finally they will accept 5 new residents, they need to interview about 50 candidates. If they rank you 6th, it is certainly very high. But maybe the 5 before you all match into that program.

It is certainly a good thing to receive a very good reply from PDs. However, many program PDs won't contact you even they will rank you highly. This is true especially for very good programs.
You are right. This is an american intern told me when I was at interview. She matched there but she said they did not tell her she will be ranked high. In my letter it says pls seriously consider join our program. I think it is a good sign. But I will not change my ROL beacuse of this. Thanks.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »