Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drweather--interview experience - miracle07
Hi, could you please share your interview exp. @ obgyn lincoln. What kind of questions were asked and what was the PD opinion about there accraditation status? How many interviewers/ faculty members did you meet. Generally speaking what was impression about the program regarding teaching, working environment, colleagues and typical clinic rotation? Many thanks.
They didn't ask much....what have I done after graduation, my step2 scores(they didn't have it yet), if i had kids, if I prefered to stay in philadelphia(which i said i did but NY was my second option) and then asked for my questions...
I had 2 IV
The first one with an attending who i asked about the accreditation status and she said she didn't know...the second one was with an older atending who also didn't answered my question......the resident PGY1 said that they are on probation because one of the last years residents didn't pass the boards.
The residents also made it clear that they work much more than 80h/week
My impression was that they have a really good relationship between residents and BT residents and staff.
The worst thing in my opinion is that they have 4 months of night float for 3 years!!!!!!!!!! it means that everyday that are 3 residents on call.....for me, that shows that they are after cheap workers not residents....
Daily lectures and rounds in the morning and one morning to lectures/discussion/week
the residents said they don't offer pre match
A LOT of OB and little GYN
Part of the GYN rotations are in Cornel(they are affiliated)
Anything else just ask Wink
GL
Thanks alot for the wonderful info. What did the residents feel about redeeming the program's accreditation and also chances of getting a fellowship after residency. I know it does look like a good program.thanks.
they said they will probably redeem their accreditation because this years residents are better than last years
they sai it is very difficult to get fellowship after doing residency in a city hospital....
when are u IV there?
Thanks, i will be Iv there in jan.What is ur overall impression of the program.I was considering cancelling it if it does not worth the trouble of travelling all the way from UK.
well..it depends...on the number of IVs that you have..
Its not a first option but it is good enough to be ranked, thats what I think. So, if you have 10 IVs, dont come, if you have 4-5 than its worthy
GL
Thanks i think i will cancel my interview, i think their chances of redeeming there accreditation back is very slim and more so many people have said too many nagatives about the progam.
dont trust everything you read in the forum about the programs......lot of lies I read already....if you could schedule the iV close to other IVs you should come...a lot of programs are on probation....
anyway..if advices were good, one would sell them instead of just giving them away....but thats what I think
when i interviewed at lincoln the chief resident said he applied to fellowship and did not get it
as most of the people who ever try to fellowship......there are only 35 spots for oncology/GYN !!!!!!!!!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »