Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Helpful suggestion to maximise opportunity.... -
med95

To maximise your chances of getting interviews.....fill out your CAF completely before September 1 2004.

The second ERAS opens for submission ....submit your form and apply to all your programs on the first day.

I did this and despite having modest scores I was able to attract invitations to 14 intewviews for Categorical Internal Medicine out of26 programs applied to.

Some of the programs were
[1] Pennsylvania Hospital PA
[2] Abington Memorial PA
[3] Conemaugh Memorial PA
[4] Drexel PA
[5] Fairview Hospital OH
[6] MetroHealth/Cleveland OH
[7] SUNY Brooklyn NY
[8] Metropolitan NY
[9] UNM NM

the rest were in Connecticut...I can not quite remember their names.....

A word of advise if you accept a prematch in PA then start your application for your Graduate Medical License immediately. It takes a while!!! Use only courier services to post your stuff....make sure you medical school does thesame if they are in India/Pakistan/West Africa etc.

Schedule your interviews early if you are planning a prematch.

The weather in the NE can be challenging sometimes so make sure you give yourself ample time to get to the interview ie arrive in the town/city 1 day before.

Continue interviewing till you have signed your contract if you get a prematch.

A second and third visit to the hospital you prematch in is the way to go.

Good luck
hyy

hy,,med 95,,
thanx for all informations,,kindly tell me ur e,mail or ur contact no. here in usa ,,i wanna have some advice from u,,
thanx
take care
bye
guest - guest123

Do you know when is the first date to apply to the programs.
also what is "CAF"(complete application form"?

thanks
Dave

To Med95, do you think that your advice will help me when i have scores of 76/76?? Please help and any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
med95

CAF means common application form...this is the form you fill out from Aug 15 2004.

Even if you have low scores do not write yourself off. Just do your research into which programs will shortlist you for an interview and apply only to them. Do not waste money. Even if things do not work.... out be ready for the scramble. Some people would say go for the step 3 but I am not sure this will help a great deal....I may be wrong so ask around. All you can do is try. Godspeed
hi

thanks med95 for your great words.
My question is about LORS. I am going to submit 4 LORs to ecfmg-eras. but my LORs are of 2 pages, should I write LOR 1 PAGE 1 on the first page of every LOR?
and can I send all the documents ..LORs, transcript, Deans letter and photo.. in the same envelope?
please advise on this.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »