Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Important Qs - 2008gtalk
No1 67 yr old man develops hypertension in the recovery room 1 hr after a hip replacement .He has a histroy of angina pectoris .The most appropriate therapy ro decrease his BP without causing a reflex increase in HR is a drug that antagonizes which of the following receptors?
A) alpha1 adrnergic
B) alpha2 adrenergic
C) alpha adrenergic and beta adrenergic
D) alpha adrenergic and dopaminergic
E) beta adrenergic and dopaminergic

No 2 . A 60 yr old woman is admitted to the hospital with a pulmonary embolism .Treatment with enoxaparin is begun.The patient says,"That's not the heparin my other doctor gave me.Why am I getting this newfangled stuff?" Compared withheparin ,which of the following best explains the appropriateness of enoxaprin for this patient?
A) Available orally
B) Larger loading dose required
C) Less expensive for each day's therapy
D) less monitoring required

No 3 A 14 yr old girl has become reluctant to eat ,has stopped bathing,refuse to go to school and has spend every evening alone in her room for past 6 months .She asserts that her parents and former friends may be contaminating her food . She is distressed that these toxins are controlling her thoughts and causing her to hear voices telling her to get even with her trementors.She appears disshelved,suspicious and mindly malnourished .No other abnormalities are noted.Toxicologic screen of urine is negative.Which of the following medications is the most appropriate treatment for this patient?

A) Diazepam
B) Fluvoxamine
C) Imipramine
D) Methylphenidate
E) Risperidone
F) Sertraline
C
D
E
1..ccc
2...ddd
3..fff