Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAncelling STEP 1, please help! - lysine81
Hello guys,
My exam is next week, wednesday, and after months of studying and the result doesn't show on my NMBE. , my friend advises me to cancel the exam. I know that i'm within the 5 days, so i went to the website and try to cancel, but they told me that i cannot reschedule nor cancel my exam. I dont' know what to do! I don't want to pay any fine for not cancelling it in time, but at the same time i don't want them to expect me there on Wednesday and i didn't show up. If any of you had done this before, please tell me what to do! Thank you!
You needed to cancel it 5 Business days before the exam date in order to avoid cancellation feel which i believe is $50. Here's what you can do:

1) Call prometric as soon as possible and give them really good reason. My friend didn't have to pay cancellation fee. So it depends if they think your reason is good enough.

2) You can apply for extension that will automatically put you in June-July-Aug block but you have to pay $50 for extension of period. Make sure your application for extension gets to ECFMG/USMLE by the 24th of June or else, you will have to re-register for the application and pay entire $685 again.

I hope i answered all your questions. Good Luck.
Thank you so much, but i did try calling them at the center, but no one ever pick up the phone. I called so many times, i don't know if they have a different number. But i can't seem to even get a hold of them to give them my reasons. Do you know any number that i can call? Thank you for your help! God bless you!
i had the same problem with my exam....i applied for a an extension but i forgot to cancel it with prometric....on the website it says that there is a 127 dollar fee for prometric but to be honest with u i haven't paid it because i havent' spoken to them....when i go tmy new permit from ECFMG to reschedule my exam i just used the new permit number and the prometric site never asked any questions i just signed up as normal......i'm not tellin u u should do this also but i'm just sayin that was how it was with mine because my prometric site NEVER answered the phone it was always computer messages and u never got to speak to a live person......At any rate i figure the worst that can happen to me is i dunno they send me a bill in the mail? i dunno
I believe they only have one number which is on their website. you might want to check on their website as to what hours they have service representative available to take calls and answer any questions. good luck.
thank you everyone, you're awesome!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »