Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SUNY down state hosp. -
vj - mvldr15

does anyone have any idea about this program
sn

if u r talkin about suny downstate, brooklyn, then its a good program but the neighborhood it seems sucks!, it has got all the possible fellowships in there.
GURKEN

They are IMG friendly, which in some cases may mean AMG's don't like the program...
vj - mvldr15

yes u r right.i went thro' their website.there r lot of fellowships.i read some reviews too about the hospital.they say its cool.good teaching,etc.but again the area matters.but some say many of the places in NY are the same so we shouldnt bother so much.i dont know about this.
so what do u guys think about the area.is it like the same as everywhere in NY or most of the places in NY or even worse?
how r the chances of getting into this program for an IMG?
does anyone have any idea what sort of Qs r asked in the interview.
thanks.

kiddyfriend

There are differences between areas in NYC. My husband used to live in that area. It's mainly african-american and haitian. It's not too bad, but also not great. As a woman I felt sometimes uncomfortable, especially at night. I read on a website that there is a service that would accompany you to the subway at night. Don't know if they still do that or not.

I think the hospital itself is fairly decent and you could definately be off worse. I don't know if it's the same for IM but for Peds they have 5 differrent teaching sites, so you would be travelling a lot anyways.
vj - mvldr15

thanks kiddyfriend,in IM they say they have 3 hospitals thats all.2 of them cool but one lil' hectic.i think i should find out what the security is like as u mentioned.
emily - mananju

I am a Ph. D student in suny downstate. The neighbor is bad, no parking available.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »