Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rejection -
div

Has anyone got a rej like this, "thank u for your application. However, after careful review of your application we decided not to grant u an interview. Wish u good luck bla bla." What does this mean?
Rx

It maen "REJECTION" duh!
div

Of course it means rejection, the way it is said, does it mean there was some problem with the application?
kc

This is the typical rejection form letter.
The only thing you really can glean from this is rejection.
Matrix

That is a rejection letter that can only be written by a crass program that lacks finesse.
It is rude and utterly shameful that a program in the united states would think that is appropriate.
Only one program on this earth can write such a rejection letter .
Maimonides
How do I know?? Course I got an exact letter from them and I lost all respect for the program.

som

what do guys expect them to write?

'dear stud - you are an awesome applicant. U r more than perfect - infact we were thinking of adopting u. But i dont think that our program is good enuff for u - I do not want to insult your intelligence and invite u for an interview. Please forgive me your highness. May I send my house staff over to do your dishes?'

morons - this is a standard polite email to reject u - At least the program had the decency to let u know.
'crass program that lacks finesse' someone said - i'd like to see a crass program that has finesse - redundant fool who swallowed a thesaurus

delusions of grandeur - get real - there ARE better applicants
kc

Don't take the rejection too personally.
A lot of programs, especially the good ones, are getting thousands of applications. They can choose no more than 10-20% of applicants for interviews. Some rejection letters are more kindly worded than others. I've read 11 of them over the past 2 weeks. That one sounds pretty standard.

Programs are not necessarily just looking for the candidates with the best qualifications. They also have to consider whether an applicant would be a good fit for the program or would really consider training there. Applicants who are overqualified may not be interviewed by a program.

I'd like to think that some rejection builds character.

Good luck everyone!
som

very wise indeend - all the best man
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »