Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
brown - stryke
stryke

i just got an invite from Brown in RI
they said they have a special day for interviewing IMGs

in addition, they mentioned that one of their PGY-1 dropped out, and they are also looking to fill that spot from Jan.

anyone else get this message?
Easy

You are luckY!! Go for it. Good luck!

I am still waiting. But I guess my chance is getting dimmer day after day.
imgdoc

did brown ever took any img...forget img..any DO amg even in last century...
just curious...
they just want to show how good their program is...but you r not fir for them...
may be that's why they called you...
don't mind brother...but that's my opinion about those places with good names where you wont find any foreigner...
btw you may have excellent credentials and may end up at a very good and reputed uni program of equal caliber but img freindly too...
at the end your life will be much better at such a place than it would be at brown ...or green or red..whatever...
goodluck for the match....
Ag

I think it sounds great. I understand why folks would apply to programs with high IMG concentrations in order to assure that they will get an interview offer from one of them, but I don't understand why anyone would be hesitant to interview at a program with few IMGs. After all, if the program thinks you might fit in well and would be a good resident with the program, jump at the offer! Prove them right. Who wants to be at an IMG resident factory anyway?

I didn't apply to the Brown Univ. program, but I did get an interview offer at the affiliated Brown Memorial Hospital and am looking forward to checking it out. I've never been to Rhode Island, so let me know what it's like!
sai

Congrats Stryke.

I am waiting for their response.
Would u mind sharing your credentials?.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »