Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confused about Step 1 vs. Step 2 -
Doc_Ush

Assalama alaikum and greetings to everyone Smile
I'm a final year medical student from Karachi,Pakistan and I'm about to graduate in a week's time....
After graduation, i dont intend on doing my house job or internships anywhere and i intend to just sit down for the boards as soon as possible and that's where the problem is...
You see, i can't decide whether I should go for step 2 1st or step1 .....the former i wanna go for because all the material that wud be tested in step 2 is pretty much what i've done in the last 2 years so i'd have no problems relearning it....but a bunch of my friends who've taken both steps have recommended that i go for step 1 1st so that i can familiarize myself with the format....
does any of what i just said hold any ground?
Please do take out a minute of ur time to advise me
I'm more confused than ever right now
peace n love to you all
Doc Ush
manish

i think u should start after atleast u work fo 6 months , and remember once u write step 1 first it would definitely help for step 2.
Rani

Go for step 1.
adonis - adonis23khi

walaikum us salam Def. step 1. cause it has lots of basic sciences which we graduates from Pakistan are not used to. So u will get a lot of help in step 2 after going thru step 1 , trust me.
PK

Go for step 1.I am also in a medical college in Lahore.I would definitely advise u for step1 first.I ve heard it really helps and Anyway dont worry u wont forget everything about Step2 if u r thinking that u will forget everything u have studied in the past two years.
Insha Allah u will do fine
our

doc ush...
as a physician recruiter and 3rd year medical student...I have seen alot of scores from students all over the world. It seems that the step two scores are always consistently lower. I would take step one first based on that fact alone.

With a good base you are sure to succeed!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »