Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To randytravis - drpaul
thank you for yr help
i am so much confused...
my current position is fellow...but my PD wants me to do research work..actually my exchange visitor category is Alien physician...
so if i will search for some clinical program ,, should i able to transfer or not?
paul i did two surgical fellowships here, but i completed them not left them in between. it is important that your PD should not feel offended, even it is research it will help you. after all you will need LORs from your present pD, and always always your new employer will make phone calls to your present PD and ask about you. it does not take seconds for contracts to be withdrawn, i have seen it happen. so be careful when your transferring programs, usually transfers are done in research when you need to collaborate more or your runnin g out of funds to pay the fellow.
what are your objectives???
what do you ultimately want to do?
is it surgical residency?
again, remember if you are in a non standard training program, so ECFMG will not be happy about you changing programs. This option or rather liberty is given only once to standard GME programs. If they pass your application to DOS you will be in a tight situation. usually for a non standard program they need a ABMS letter and ECFMG petitions DOS on your behalf based on your objectives you sent them, now ure turning back on your objectives... DOS does not like all this in non standard programs, careful of what you are planning. thats my advise. ultimately you wil have to decide what you want to do.
can i have yr email id , i want to chat with you for this..if u dont mind....
on yahoo or on gtalk whatever u wish...
paul,
usually i dont come very often, just checking on for my wifes application. you can leave a message at my account bluescrubs1
i will be happy to answer your queries. But dont take decisions in haste. thats all
thank you randytravis but from yr answers it seems that u have deep knowledge for this things...so i will be very thank ful if u can spare some time to chat with me for this matter...
i am so much confused...
need to chat with you....if u can
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »