Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
burning question - ohmygod
i have a question which is quite burning my tongue from some days

how someone come to know that a program offer a prematch
should we ask them for this
is any other criterias beside 99/99/gc/100yrs of usce exp/very recently graduated

and
when a program syas taht it does not offer any thing outside match ...>is it for no prematch.

and last : is it good or bad to reject if opportunity presents

sorrry have many questions.
thank you
1. U can ask frnds, residents of the pgm, ask a the PC and ultimately ask to PD towards d end of the iv that ur interested in a prematch. Prematch very much depends on the interview day performance. U may not have great credentials but still can get an offer.
2. Out of match = prematch
3. Accept any opportunity..never decline a prematch...unless and until PD is ur real uncle who promised u to rank high.
thnk you have a better idea now.
Best way to determine prematch........

Take the amount of positions offered.....ex. 12
Subtract what some of the previous years match quota was......ex.6
The differnce is how many they prematch...........ex.6

Do not underestimate the Personal statement and the Interview. The scores/attempt, USCE and Immigration status will open the door. The interview will keep the door from leaving a welt on your butt. This information comes from a IMG who 1 yr ago was interviewing prospective residents. (of course not all programs think the same)

Depends on how confident and lucky you feel. And of course if it is the right program for you.

how to ask for prematch? just bluntly to the PD? is it considered an irregular behavoir or not? I was shy last year around.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »