Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
O.k. I need some suggestions please!!!! - zynthiak
I just got my score last week, unfortunally I fail with almost 20points, I review usmleworld scoring aproxx. 60-70, qbank kaplan scoring 70-80, I read almost all the books from kaplan and I finish first aid.... please any suggestions??? I don't know how to start again... please give me your secret... I was looking for a tutor but I broke and I can't pay much so I don't know if I can affor it, also I saw a course in internet it's called USMLE PREPARATION SECRETS STUDY GUIDE... onthe internet showing a guy like you are going to the gym ??? what do you guys think about this one anyone has taken this guide before..........please give some suggestions I really need to pass and I don't want to wait another 6 months to preprare for it... I think that with just 3 months I might be able to make it because I'm still fresh from my last failure.... it's very drepressing!!!!!

Thank you!!!!
How did you fail if you were scoring 60-70 in world and 70-80 in world????? By the score estimates this should have easily put you in the upper 90's on step 1.....Did you take any NBME's???? The only thing I could think of is that it was a fluke....You might have just been nervous...If you truly are getting those high scores-- I would try and schedule to take it again asap- before any of that info is lost....My best advice is take an NBME= this is best to see where you stand....If you are just going to try and pass and your score op the NBME is 410 plus- I would reschedule and take test as soon as possible....
you have to first identify what your weakness was at the exam..?? sleepy..?? tired..?? nervous or just a block...if you can find a reason work on it and meanwhile revise FA and UW and give your exam within 3-4wks.

if you cannot identify a reason then your score report will show which subject was the weakest etc, like if you got a zero in BS and the rest was satisfactory then you need to focus on just one subject, if everything was low then you need to take NBME or UWSA and see if you still are scoring low...i think the most imp thing at this point is to identify what went wrong...

Good luck
how many time you did uw? if you repeated uw more than twice then it could give you fals positive result.
Thanks for your prompt response... o.k. I did twice usmleworld the fist time my score was 30, 40 and 50 and the second time my score increased obviously!!!!.

Since this is not the first time that I fail Yes!!!! I freak out during the test.... and in some of the blocks my brain feel like I was in off.

That's why I feel a little lost, I'm thinking that second time when I did usmw didn't count really, that's why I want to know which questions bank I should do now... should I buy again usmw or not??
My score in patho, micro was super low but I was bordeline in some of the others subjects.

It's been pretty hard to focus now with my negative thoughts in my mind so I really appreciate your feedback.
Thanks a million for your suggestions... God bless you all.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »