Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
scramble - medusa
what is the exact process of the scramble? is it possible to complete the whole thing and then go back to your home country for a couple of months and then come back in june to start your residency?please help
yes it is.
but you would better have visa problems; if you need visa - chances in scramble are very limited.
last year almost was impossible for any img with visa to get a position during scramble.
kamy & las
Was the difficulty because the IMG could not be present in the US to interview during the scramble, or because the IMG needed J-1 or H-1 visas to start residency?
Thanks.
kc
well you should have NO visa problem

thoretically, you can be outiside the US as normally no personal interview is required in scramble, but you should be able to have working phone / fax withing hands reach to send documents, do interviews over the phone, etc - so being in US is probably advantageous - programs can be wary to call people overseas - expecially when they 100 : 1 application-to-position ratio during the scramble...
let me put it in this way;if you dont have the GC or you are not an american citizen, it is unlikely to get a position during scramble!! the reason,i dont know!! but I do know that the last year scramble was all about the visa issues and most of the IMGs were complaining about not getting any position just due to the visa.....
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »