Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got a urgent question!! - tongz
i have practiced medicine for 5 years. recently i want to take USMLE, starting with step 2 because it seems easier for me. since everyone here suggests taking step 1 first, i begin to hesitate. after ponder for some time, i still feel i should try step 2 before step 1. i know pathology is most heavily tested in the step 1. i want to ask you, who have taken step 1, if it helps significantly if i review pathology along with step 2 materials simutanously?

thanks for your help in advance. i need your help to boost my shy confidency.
Hi I took MLE after Post graduation in Internal Medicine and practice for 1 year. After considering everything I started for step 1 though I got good grip in Medicine..got 99. Then Step 2CK...got 99 then the Step 2 CS....passed yesterday. It will be easier for me to give step 3 because i have given the Step 2 recently( 3 months before).

I suggest you to go for Step 1 first...then Step 2CS...followed by Step 2CK....Then the Step 3 is possible within 6 weeks of 2CK. And you are done.

One more right combo is : Step 1, 2CK, 2CS & 3 as I did.

I discourage you going for the Step 2CK first strongly.
thanks! how did it help you to get a good step 2 score by passing step 1 first? it sounds ridiculous, but does the exam reviewers check your step 1 score before they give you a step 2 score? 99/99 is a perfect combination. congrat!
does it have the same effect on my step 2 performance if i review pathology together with step 2 materials?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »