Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prelim / Categorical - johnshopkins
Can we go for categorical if we had done prelims? (If i will get match (Match 2009) with prelims and if I want to do only IM, can I apply again for Categorical next year(Match 2010)?
first of all if u are not AMG or IMG with 99s with PG degree and publication, difficult to get in to prelim. Still u can try. regarding applying for 2010, ur personal statement should be explaining why you did that ? which is again kind of tough or will give the wrong impression to the PD that you are not sure about what do u want to do in ur life. Most of the time the Prelim postion are given to those who are matched in PGY-2 specialty like skin , anesthesia , neurology etc. In short , your personal statement should be very strong along with other creds. I know few FMGs( 2-3 years back) who got matched in Anesthesia or neuro because they already had PG degree in those specialty , so they were directly taken into PGY-2. I do not know what is the current trend.
@ johns hopkins i had earlier had a post for you to answer on uiuc ...il pull it up again if i find it plz answer if ya can ty in advance ...
thanx..cschicago11....

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »