Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
letter in mail from carilion for FM? - hotdoc99
Hi hotdoc,
any news from Research FM after you received mail from RC.....
Thanks for clearing the confusion, hotdoc.....As far as choice of program goes, I d'nt want to implicate anything, but I can tell u abt myself is that I liked the program but I have few choices of unopposed FM and I prefer them rather than competing with other residents, esp. in OB....So, I am thinking abt giving them more preference, also location too is a major factor for me....But it depends on ur choice if u r interested more in hospitalist track, I can say from my impression of program that carilion does encourage specialty tracks.....I know this w'nt be much, but hope it helps for ur decision....U said before that u were not sure b/w unopposed & multispec. program...r u aware of any disadv. of unopposed FM programs??
hey fkv, well ihad heard idelaly to do fm, it is best to do at unopposed, for u get most patient load since no competition, but had classmate in carilion and told me that enough pts in that area so dependon what we want from program, i too am debating between this opposed/unoppsed, makes sense for the ob part like u are saying, they do have ob residency in carilion, so maybe that would be more for them, i dont wish to do so much heavy ob as was in some programs i interviewed at.. but no disadvantage to do at unopposed, not that i am aware of.. have u finsed ranking u programs? gl buddy and to us all!
Hi Hotdoc

I ived at carilion too ....I was concerned abt their quota ..Now that DO Match result is out they have not chenged their quota so does that mean that 5 seats r filled with DO''s and only 5 will go in NRMP match? any ideas abt that??

Thanks a lot
yes if u check results of DO match, u can see they filled all DO slots, which makes me nervous too.. i hadn't heard back as much as i thought so i hdont know where i would be on the rnk list.. had u heard replies back? thx, gl
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »